lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev USE_CURSES_PAIR_0 fails on Cygwin

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev USE_CURSES_PAIR_0 fails on Cygwin
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:02:45 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 08:59:02PM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > The problem with the foreground and background not being represented
> > properly still occurs in lynx2.8.5dev.14 on Cygwin, even when
> > compiled with ncurses-5.3.20030215. I built the color styles
> > When I set "alink:REVERSE:white:black" in lynx.lss, I still get black on
> > white. If I undefine "USE_CURSES_PAIR_0", then I get the expected
> > behavior. This doesn't seem to be problem restricted to PDCureses.
> > Am I the only one seeing this problem?
>
> A quick check on Linux with ncurses and pdcurses shows me white-on-black
> for both
>       alink:REVERSE:white:black
>       alink:normal:white:black
> with/without USE_CURSES_PAIR_0.  Are you expecting black-on-white for one
> of those cases?

No, I was expecting white on black. I get black on white if I have
USE_CURSES_PAIR_0 defined. Setting "alink:reverse:white:cyan" gives me
white on cyan, as expected. Changing this to "alink:reverse:white:black"
gives me black on white, instead of white on black.

The above occurs when normal is set to black:white. Changing normal
changes the colors seen with alink. See my post from 18 Febuary about
this.
                           Doug.

--
Doug Kaufman