lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev base href -- how generated by Lynx?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev base href -- how generated by Lynx?
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 12:42:39 -0500

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 12:21:36PM -0500, William December Starr wrote:
> >> lynx -base -source http://www.cuttingsarchive.org.uk/telos/
> Note: the Telos webmaster has told me that he'll be putting an
> explicit "BASE HREF=..." line in the header the next time he updates
> the page, so experimenting with that particular URL may, in the near
> future, no longer produce the odd results.

It appears that he's done that now, though the content location is still
there.  But the base href does override the content location:

Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 17:32:35 GMT

<head>
<!-- Telos Website created by Roger Anderson in 2001/2002 Copyright (c) Telos
Publishing Ltd. 2002 -->
limited edition, high quality, collectible books for all fans of horror, dark
fantasy and Doctor Who. You can find the latest information on our titles, as
well as ordering details and news of forthcoming releases.">
Urban Gothic, Doctor Who, TARDIS, BBC, Channel 5, Science-Fiction, Horror, dark
fantasy, Sci-Fi, Collectibles, Toys, books, Novellas, Novelisations, fiction,
Short story, Limited Edition, David Howe, David J Howe, Howe's Who, Stephen
James Walker, Christopher Fowler, Graham Masterton, Simon Clark, Steve Lockley,
Paul Lewis, Paul Finch, Debbie Bennett, Howe's Transcendental Toybox, Dr. Who,
Daleks, Dalek, K9, Cybermen, UK TV, Television, Classic TV, Telefantasy.">
<title>Telos - Home</title>
<base href="http://www.cuttingsarchive.org.uk/telos/";>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="

--