lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev '\' reloading documents

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev '\' reloading documents
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:33:10 -0700

Philip Webb wrote:

the basic reason for demanding cacheing c 1997-8 was the delay
when Lynx had to go back to the site to grab the source.
today with broadband, that is hardly a problem anymore.

... for people with broadband.  There's still a lot of 14.4 and
28.8 modems out there in the world.  Including mine.  I'd have
to go to satellite to get broadband, ten miles from a semi-major
university.  Don't forget the fringe users--though I guess that
includes everyone using lynx, to some degree ...:)

--
Mike