lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: catch ^C's --> "are you sure?" (excellent!)

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: catch ^C's --> "are you sure?" (excellent!)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 01:28:30 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:32:21AM -0600, Pat Walsh wrote:
> keyboard issues.  It was fortuitous that I found IGNORE_CTRL_C in
> lynx_cfg.h; it would be a more accessible option to others if it were
> a ./configure --enable-option.  There might be a couple other compile
> time options from lynx_cfg.h likewise made available in the configure
> script, OK_INSTALL comes to mind.

Heck, why compile-time?  That means everyone who wants to
modify those has to build their own lynx.

Why not make settable at *runtime*?

A lot more user-friendly that way.

Especially on big systems where people run centrally-available
software.  (Who other than a developer would prefer
having their own sources, have to keep current on when
new versions are available, etc -- a pain, seems to me.)

Ditto for shell-accounts, as I am using right now,
where you have only a limited amount of disk space.

David