lynx-dev Trouble accessing ftp site

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Trouble accessing ftp site
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 13:43:24 -0800 (PST)

There is a ftp site that I am having trouble accessing using various
builds of lynx on different operating systems. I can access individual
files, but it fails to get a list of files in a directory. Looking
at the packets sent from DOS, it appears that a ftp connection is
made, but no list of files is generated. I can access the site with a
standard interactive ftp client from unix, Windows, or DOS, and with
Internet Explorer from Win98. It works OK when specifying a specific
file, such as "";,
but fails with a directory such as "";. The
server identifies itself as "ProFTPD 1.2.5rc1", and a "SYST" command
returns "215 UNIX type: L8".

Does anyone familiar with the intricacies of ftp see the problem?

Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden