lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: what is current url of help-files, etc (so lynx 'H' c

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: what is current url of help-files, etc (so lynx 'H' can get there)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 13:16:24 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, David Combs wrote:

> The lynx here on panix.com (shell-accts) can't find the
> various help-files.

what version of lynx is that (lynx -version)

> Where are they?
>
> Then, being lazy and simply asking here, under what name
> do you stick the url in the .cfg or options or whatever?

The help-files are normally installed in /usr/local/lib/lynx/lynx_help.
Those files may be (depending on how it was configured) gzip'd.

The "HELPFILE" line in lynx.cfg (usually) tells the path to
lynx_help_main.html

> (2nd lazy-question: the lynx here asks "are you sure
> you want to print this long doc" (or something like that)
> at, I think I just noticed, eight "pages" (whatever they
> are).  I grepped the .cfg for a standalone "8" -- nothing
> there about pages.  (maybe I should have tried 7?)
> Nope, not 7. ...  nor 6.
>
> So, I suppose the 8 or 7 is hardwired?

No, it's computed based on the information following LYNXPRINT://PRINTER
url which is generated for the P)rint page from the "PRINTER:" lines in
lynx.cfg

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net