Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem with GZIP and HTTP chunkies

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem with GZIP and HTTP chunkies
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:30:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Giuseppe Scrivano wrote:

> Hi,
> It seems that lynx doesn't like HTTP chunkies when the data is
> compressed with GZIP.  This feature is supported well on other browsers
> and the absence of this in lynx cause problems with web servers that
> send GZIP data in HTTP chunkies.

Your site

has some reference to lynx 2.8.4 (released in 2001), and to the Delorie
site (_much_ older).  I'm able to view the site with lynx 2.8.4 as well as
lynx 2.8.5 (released in 2004).

If I had a better idea what I'm looking for, I might see a problem.

To post a followup comment on the website, it appears that I must register
for an account - but trying with Mozilla, Opera and (of course) lynx, I'm
not successful (I supplied the required fields and was told the username
was disallowed).  The FAQ doesn't provide any insight.

Thomas E. Dickey