[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanesewith2.8.5pre.5compiled

From: patakuti
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanesewith2.8.5pre.5compiled withncursesw
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:57:48 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Atsuhito KOHDA wrote:

> I noticed one slight problem with a patch.  When I visited
> with a patched lynx it seemed
> "title" characters got "mojibake" (no problem in body part).

The order TITLE and META elements seems to cause the trouble.  In this
page, TITLE element is put before META element nevertheless TITLE
element should be put after META element.  So Lynx can't determine the
title's character-set and shows "mojibake" characters.  If you change
the order of two elements, you can get a result as expected.


Just for your information, it doesn't seem to depend on my patch.
I wrote tree examples.  Setting D.C.S. to us-ascii...

  (1) title_meta.html
    --> TITLE: AYENA-c-A(c)
        BODY: YEN-c-(c)

        TITLE is wrong because TITLE element is put before META element.

  (2) no_meta.html
    --> TITLE: AYENA-c-A(c)
        BODY: AYENA-c-A(c)

        TITLE and BODY are wrong because there isn't META element.

  (3) meta_title.html
    --> TITLE: YEN-c-(c)
        BODY: YEN-c-(c)

        TITLE and BODY are correct because TITLE element is in right
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden

Attachment: meta_title.html
Description: Binary data

Attachment: no_meta.html
Description: Binary data

Attachment: title_meta.html
Description: Binary data

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]