Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.9

From: gilmap
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.9
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:39:00 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

> Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:21:43 -0500
> 2004-12-30 (2.8.6dev.9)
> * modify getfile(), etc., to ensure that following a link consisting of a
>   fragment will move the cursor to the link containing the target rather than
>   simply ensuring that it is visible (Debian #171312) -TD
Possibly as a result of this, I see a new behavior.  Sometimes when exiting
from a child page to its parent, the cursor is left, not at the link by
which the child was entered, but at the top link of the screen.  Example:

   Linkname: Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive

Page down a couple screens; move cursor to middle of screen; enter the page;
exit the page.  I now find the cursor at the top of the screen rather than
the middle.  I hope this behavior is unintended.

(Neat site, BTW!)

-- gil