lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] 2.8.6dev.11

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] 2.8.6dev.11
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:49:36 -0800 (PST)

Disclaimer: I'm not using a current dev lynx (2.8.5rel.1), but

--- "Larry W. Virden" <address@hidden> wrote:

   [...]

> When I use
>
> lynx -trace http://wiki.tcl.tk/blog

When I use that URL, it WFM.  Using <http://wiki.tcl.tk/blog/>
gets the "not a valid URL" (Alert!: HTTP/1.0 400 Bad request),
however.  Sure you didn't use the trailing slash?  That's what
I'd have done, being used to assuming that when it looks like a
directory, it really ought'a have a trailing slash, so I add
it.:)

Also,

> 598: HTParse:      result:`//blog'
> 222: HTParse: aName:`http://wiki.tcl.tk//blog'
> 359: HTAASetup_lookup: No template matched `/blog' (so
> probably not protected)

Nowhere, with or without the trailing slash, do I see "//blog".
I get:

HTParse:      result:`/blog'
HTParse: aName:`http://wiki.tcl.tk/blog'
HTAASetup_lookup: No template matched `blog' (so probably not
protected)

or

HTParse:      result:`/blog/'
HTParse: aName:`http://wiki.tcl.tk/blog/'
HTAASetup_lookup: No template matched `blog/' (so probably not
protected)

Looks like an extraneous slash from somewhere (typo? HTParse?).

That any help?

--
Mike