lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx under OSX 10.4 (Tiger) fails 'make' @ "h_addr" ; OK

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx under OSX 10.4 (Tiger) fails 'make' @ "h_addr" ; OK under 10.3.X
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 21:15:39 -0400 (EDT)

I have a 10.3 box so I am following this with some interest.

> in the meantime,  i've setup a localhost apache2 server, and naively tried
>
>     % lynx http://::1/server-status
>
> lynx launched, and i got a page reply of:
>
>     You don't have permission to access /server-status on this
>        server.

That's a Location handled by that module; you'd get network error
before app error so yes.

> gotta figure out how to conifg apache2 for ip6 ...

apache2 wants a Listen directive for its interfaces; I am not sure if you need
to define ::1 as an address for listening, but configtest it and see if it
accepts it.

> but, it LOOKS like it responded to an ip6 query.
>
> is this actually verification that IPv6 "works" for lynx, or is the reply
> simply a fortuitous conincidence?

see if httpd logged the requesting address and user-agent as fact.