lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.12 -- CRASH on OSX 10.4.1

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.12 -- CRASH on OSX 10.4.1
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:00:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Jens Schleusener wrote:

Relevant part of the "lynx -version"-output:

Lynx Version 2.8.6dev.12 (02 Jun 2005)
libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g, ncurses 5.3.20021019
Built on aix5.1.0.0 Jun  3 2005 16:34:48

I want to mention that most of the installed free software I compiled myself. So perhaps I have some self-made compile/configuration problems. The last lynx version I built successfully was 2.8.6dev.10.

thanks.  I asked because many of the packagers use in-between versions in
their packages, so unless I see the patch-date, I'm not sure exactly what
is running.

For instance, the FreeBSD version I was testing was in-between.  I was
able to reproduce one of the bugs I looked at with that patch-date, and
seeing that it did not appear in the following 5.3 release, decided to
ignore it.  I mark a version for each of the patches I make, so it is
fairly simple to extract a given version, compile it and test for the
specific bug.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net