lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] HTTP/1.1 Support

From: dchawla
Subject: [Lynx-dev] HTTP/1.1 Support
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:11:24 +0530

Hi All,

I have a strange behaviour here,
I did a ./configure, make makeinstall on the Lynx brwoser 2.8.5 codebase on linux 7.3 box. and did a normal google search. Everything works fine!

Packet capture using tcpdump shows the GET and HTTP 200 OK mesaages exahcnges are in hTTP 1.0 format!

Then changed the HTTP_VERSION to 1.1 in WWW/Library/Implementation/HTTP.c file and again did a make install, this time i see the GET reauest carrying HTTP1.1 but the browsers hangs after a while.

Do the Lynx code support for HTTP1.1 protocol ? If yes, How to achive this ? ( is there any other configuration that i'm missing)

It is not sending the Expect header field in the request header, I want to see this going and getting back 100-continue, 200 OK followed by the body!( as per HTTP1.1 behaviour)

Can somebody pls help!!

Regds
- Deepak