Re: [Lynx-dev] Problems With A User/Password Login Submit

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problems With A User/Password Login Submit
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:35:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, John Red-Horse wrote:

Thomas Dickey wrote:

gnutls is reported to be rather buggy
(I've only tested it lightly, but recall reading bug reports).

You can build with OpenSSL on Linux also.  There's no technical reason
for preferring gnutls over OpenSSL.

Thanks very much for this information; I'll see if I can talk the boys
into trying that path first.

you can try - for Linux distributions, politics outweighs technical considerations (OpenSSL's license is said to be incompatible with GPL'd applications).

Of course it's possible that lynx isn't using gnutls properly - but the last I checked, it has no documentation whatsoever, and reading the source
code is no better.

Thomas E. Dickey