lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Option Menu with 2.8.6dev.15 on Windows

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Option Menu with 2.8.6dev.15 on Windows
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:55:56 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> I was also testing with PDCurses 2.5, no wide characters (since it doesn't
> support those anyway).  The problem was easy to reproduce - on win32 with
> PDCurses 2.5 (I seem to have 2.6 on Linux, but hadn't thought to compare
> based on the versions).
>
> > Is this just with PDCurses for wide characters? PDCurses 2.6 has been
> > out for a few years and there is active development on the CVS
> > PDCurses. If this isn't a problem with all versions of PDCurses, perhaps
> > we should just note which versions to avoid. I'll try to do some
> > checking with the MingW buid.

I can confirm that the problem exists for lynx2.8.6dev.15a with
PDCurses 2.6 in the MingW and DJGPP builds. It is also present with
the current cvs code of PDCurses for DJGPP.

I can't get the MingW PDCurses cvs library to build with lynx yet.
Lynx gets an 0xffffffff just after initializing and stops curses. I'll
try to investigate that when I get a chance.
                              Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden