lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: What may cause a corrupted screen?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: What may cause a corrupted screen?
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 20:53:47 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:

A check on the current and stable changelogs for Slackware doesn't show anything from this calendar year. What does "tic -V" say?

Slackware -current still uses 5.4 from 10.0 (compiled almost 2 years ago). Now that I installed 5.5 + your temp patches a few days ago, it says 'ncurses 5.5.20051217', but tic from Slackware -current says 'ncurses 5.4.20040208'.

I really don't know what may be causing it. It just happens and I can't reproduce. I'll now try to make it easy to reproduce (at least here).

thanks.  It sounds as if you may find a page that just happens to hit the
margin at some place that triggers the problem.  So screensize matters.

Looking again at your screenshot, I see that xterm's running without an app-defaults file. That makes it fall into one of the holes in its layout because the form widget gets confused about the size of the vt100 window when it's narrower than the toolbar (something I'd like to fix - different bug list).

Note that the actual width probably is less than 80 columns. You can check this by spawning a shell from lynx and typing "resize". It looks like 79 columns here.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net