Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx still rules

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx still rules
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:00:34 -0800

At 02:10a +0000 01/05/2006, Thorsten Glaser didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

Hi all!

It does.

Not only can you access gopher:// (operated
by Ventilator of fame), I also just posted an ar-
ticle in a newsgroup with it:

Also I use it for almost every web use (except a forum which
requires javascript, and, when lazy, phpBB which looks quite
evil without tables).

I am seriously thinking about writing my own CMS, and it would of course be optimized for Lynx.

Some people think it's impractical for me to "reinvent the wheel", but when the existing wheels are square, I think it's worth doing. :)

--- begin forwarded text