lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx Win32

From: Jonathan Kirwan
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx Win32
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:41:20 -0800

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:38:06 -0800 (PST), Doug wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Yves Crespin wrote:
>
>> I'm unable to find a windows version of Lynx.
>> I'm on XP SP2.
>
>As I posted to the list 1 week ago:
>
>> Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:42:13 -0800 (PST)
>> From: Doug Kaufman <address@hidden>
>> Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how in the world do i even start lynx?
>>
>> The lynx resources for Win32 are not always
>> obvious. Please start at Kenneth Kwok's page
>> ("http://home4.pacific.net.sg/~kennethkwok/lynx/index.html";), which
>> has some links to binaries, both with and without Windows installers,
>> and which gives some hints on running lynx on Windows. In addition,
>> there is a binary of 2.8.5rel1 with an installer available from
>> Takeshi Hataguchi. That installer is primarily in Japanese, but the
>> binary and documentation are fine in English. You can get it from
>> "http://lynx-win32-pata.sourceforge.jp/";. Just look for the link to the
>> binary if you don't read Japanese.
>                             Doug

Just to add to this last comment, the installer linked to from there:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.jp/lynx-win32-pata/18478/Lynx286dev16TH.exe
is set up for Japanese display.  What I did, once fetched, was to copy
the LYNX.CFG file out of the org_docs subdirectory into the top
directory of the branch, destroying the jp version provided there.

Jon