lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Guidance required in using a partcular site

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Guidance required in using a partcular site
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:41:46 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Vikram Goyal wrote:

> I need to use a particular site namely http://register.bol.net.in
>
> The problem which I am facing is that I can't login after supplying
> username and passwd since the login button is not enabled in any text
> based browser but only in a gui one.
>
> Could you guide me as to how may I login using lynx to this site.

This site uses javascript, which is not supported by lynx. You can
submit your login information by changing the html source slightly, but
whether or not you will be able to do what you want after that depends
on how much javascript is used.

If you want to submit your login credentials, download the source for
the login page ("http://register.bol.net.in/htmlui_en/home.jsp";),
then edit it, replacing "button" with "submit" where it says
'<INPUT Type="button"'. Give it a name ending in ".html" or ".htm",
then access your local file with lynx. Make sure to keep the
"<BASE ...>" statement at the top of the file.

                             Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden