lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] UTF-8 Japanese working, but display problems

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] UTF-8 Japanese working, but display problems
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:34:14 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

as of Commit ID 10043DFBA8C7D31CD9C, MirOS BSD has a BSD licenced
libiconv (from Citrus, stolen from NetBSD ;) in the base system,
and Lynx happily uses it to display the Google Japan homepage...
except for certain display problems.

Probably due to us using ncurses? Would having wcslen() and
wcswidth() implementations (which we currently don't, but YET)
help to fix that problem?

Screenshots:

$ uxterm
(in the uxterm)
$ lynx -display_charset utf8 http://www.google.co.jp/webhp

-> leads to http://tg.mirsolutions.de/lynx-ss1.png

pressing cursor-down once -> http://tg.mirsolutions.de/lynx-ss2.png

pressing cursor-down a few more times, then cursor-right on the
input field -> http://tg.mirsolutions.de/lynx-ss3.png

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt