lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] getting error while trying to access through lynx

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] getting error while trying to access through lynx
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 16:33:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 May 2006, neo wrote:

Hi,

We have an application which we recently migrated from BES to WAS, but I get the following error when I try to access the application through lynx, although it works fine if the application in BES environment.

(BES = Borland Enterprise Server)
(WAS = Websphere Application Server)

Error:
http/1.1 401 forbidden

Please Note: Access to this web site requires that cookies pass
properly between your web browser and this web server. Please check
the following and retry your request:
  * your web browser is configured to accept cookies.
  * you are using a fully qualified domain name in your URL.

  * http://server.domain.com/index.html is CORRECT.
  * http://server/index.html is INCORRECT.
  * http://123.123.22.22/index.html is INCORRECT.

Please help me on the above.

I have made changes to the cfg file to accept all cookies and the URL is also correct still I am getting this error.

You might see more information with lynx's trace (lynx -trace creates a file such as $HOME/Lynx.trace). Perhaps Websphere is requiring some sort of authentication such as NTLM.

Can you connect with another browser?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net