lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Hiding IPs when using lynx

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Hiding IPs when using lynx
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 21:11:12 -0500 (EST)

You could specify

lynx -useragent="`hostname`"

or (system configuration dependent, freebsd below)

-useragent="`ifconfig | grep -w inet | head -2 | tail -1|awk '{ print $2 }'`"

but the IP address is at network layer and is usually visible to servers from a client user agent; proxies are a notable exception. Server hostname lookup is resolver dependent and also subject to IP visibility.

Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html