lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] JS question

From: dfeustel
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] JS question
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:14:24 -0500 (CDT)

> From: David Woolley <address@hidden>
>> What are the plans, if any, to incorporate JS (ECMAscript) into Lynx?
>
> Implementing ECMAScript isn't enough.  You have to, implement
> browser and document objects models substantially in line
> with the de facto behaviour of Internet Explorer.  Internally,
> Lynx doesn't generate even a W3 document model compatible data
> structure.

The Lynx user interface is much more useful to me than the links interface.
I am running without X-windows, so to access webmail and update the
list of email senders I want blocked, I use IE at the library.
I would like to be able to use webmail from home. I am now thinking
about trying to add JS to Lynx myself, but I am wondering just how big
a project that really is. I'm running OpenBSD 3.9.