lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: lynx mirport not working

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx mirport not working
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:55:09 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>yes (I thought this was fixed - a url might help).

$ lynx .

is enough to trigger it. If you have a Macintosh
available, you can reproduce it with the following
commands (assuming a bash as user shell, not tcsh):

$ mkdir -p /tmp/mirports-test/mpkg/bin
$ cd /tmp/mirports-test
$ CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -qz9 -d address@hidden:/cvs co -PA ports
  # password is "anoncvs"
$ cd ports
$ MKSH=/tmp/mirports-test/mpkg/bin/mksh \
    bash Setup.sh -uel /tmp/mirports-test/mpkg
$ . /tmp/mirports-test/mpkg/db/SetEnv.sh
$ cd www/lynx
$ cvs up -r1.1 Makefile
$ mmake install clean
$ lynx .

When done with testing, just rm -rf /tmp/mirports-test
and no traces are left. (MirPorts is designed to be usable
as non-root user in almost any location, if that's possible;
it isn't of course for stuff such as daemons that need root.)

If you don't want to download everything, it's enough to
check out the following components:

$ CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -qz9 -d address@hidden:/cvs co -PA \
    miniports ports/www/lynx

(That reads "should be enough", I didn't actually test it.)

bye,
//mirabile

PS: ports/Setup.sh.8 contains the entire install documentation,
    for these who actually like MirPorts. The usual caveats apply:
    we're a 2-person developer team; some ports might be out of
    date or broken or not work on all 4 supported OSes, just tell
    us via eMail to miros-discuss@ or in IRC and we'll fix it on
    demand; better of course if you send in patches ;)
--
  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."