Re: [Lynx-dev] nested-table in lynx2.8.6pre.2

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] nested-table in lynx2.8.6pre.2
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:01:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, address@hidden wrote:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, address@hidden wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:55:22 -0400 (EDT), Thomas Dickey wrote:

I attached a sample html file to this mail.

yes - that's the original case from your email in 2003.  But I get the
same display whether I use

        lynx -nested-tables=0 nestedTables.html

I tried again and I found that the default value depends on configure

2001-08-15 (2.8.5dev.2)
* work around defect in move_anchors_in_region() and related logic by changing
  default for nested-tables to FALSE when Lynx is not configured for
  color-style.  The problem is that when an anchor is shifted right by
  nested-table logic, if it has a <BR> near the beginning of a table cell and
  it happens to be split across a line, its size will not be adjusted properly
  (report by Hataguchi Takeshi) -TD

There are two questions to answer:

(a) whether we should set the default to enable nested tables, given that for most pages it is an improvement, or disable it by default to lessen

(b) whether the run-time toggling of the feature works properly.

Thomas E. Dickey