[Lynx-dev] lynx.cfg placement

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx.cfg placement
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 08:48:20 -0500 (EST)

The file lynx.cfg still refers to /usr/local/lib as the default location for lynx.cfg, but I see 2.8.6rel1/2.8.7dev1 installs into /usr/local/etc (per CHANGES 2.8.6pre.2).

The configure script also mentions /usr/local/lib where /usr/local/etc would be appropriate.

Hopefully this post will suffice, but any upgrader from 2.8.5 to 2.8.6 should know that the old lynx.cfg in the old default /usr/local/lib needs to get copied over to /usr/local/etc.

I grumbled about this before the change, and while I can get used to anything, as far as this alteration of the default longtime location for the lynx master config file is concerned, I'm not there yet.