lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] "can't access startfile"

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "can't access startfile"
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:12:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

At 09:30a +0100 10/28/2006, David Woolley didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

 > just because it can't find a page. This causes loss of session data
 and wastes people's time and patience.

As the session is empty, I don't see how there can be any session data
to lose!

There's lots. Cookies, Lynx options that don't get saved to disk, other web pages in cache, URL history -- all that data. Lynx quits, it's all gone.

What session data is actually present if you cannot go to the _start_ page? As I understand your comment, none of that applies.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net