lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Dud links in the on-line help-page

From: hsv
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Dud links in the on-line help-page
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:25:22 -0500

Here are outdated links from "about_lynx.html":

www.cc.ukans.edu; www.ku.edu instead.

www.cc.ukans.edu/cwis/people/Lou.Montulli.html
www.cc.ku.edu/~grobe/ (instead of this, <people.cc.ku.edu/~grobe/>
works, along with <people.ku.edu/~grobe/> and <condor.cc.ku.edu/~grobe/>,
all the same....)
www.cc.ukans.edu/cwis/people/Charles.Rezac.html
www.cc.ukans.edu/cwis/people/Garrett/Garrett_Arch_Blythe.html
www.cc.ukans.edu/about_doslynx/doslynx.html

A short while agoa I sent Michael Grobe e-mail about this.

(Aside from his early history, nothing at ...ku.edu that matches "browser
Lynx" says much about it, as if no:one there at all cares about it.)

These are bad:
lynx.isc.org/current/lynx2-8-7/lynx_help/COPYHEADER
lynx.isc.org/current/lynx2-8-7/lynx_help/COPYING

None of these, <archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu>, point to anything current.
When this one, /SDG/Software/Mosaic/NCSAMosaicHome.html, is not found,
one is pointed to Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera--not Lynx.
It says that one who really wants Mosaic can download it through FTP.

>From "LYNX-HELp_main.html":

(Would it be better to put "cattoc.html" & friends in this same
directory?)

This no longer works, <www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jeffwong/lynxstuff/>; this
does, <www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jeffwong/>, but the directory seems empty.

archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimer.html:
This one is not found, it points one to
<www.w3schools.com/html/>, <www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html/>, and
<www.htmlcodetutorial.com/>.

www.ku.edu/acs/documentation/docs/html_quick.shtml: I found nothing to
put in this one s stead.

This, www.idata.sk/~ondrej/pavuk/, in around four changes leads to
pavuk.sourceforge.net/--better to put that there?

This, archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/MetaIndex.html, yields
naught but 404, and I found not the hint of anything in its stead.