lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Getting the HTML source of currently viewed page without

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Getting the HTML source of currently viewed page without reloading
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 18:05:27 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, address@hidden wrote:

20070120 11:33 -0700, Kelly Jones >>>>
How do I get the HTML source of the page Lynx is currently viewing
*without* reloading the page? The page I'm viewing is sensitive to
reloads (for example, it's a "view once" page that has been deleted
from the server and will give me a "404 File Not Found" if I try to
reload it).
<<<<<<<<
Maybe it works to always download the page, by making sure that its URL
is in a bookmark file or other local file that Lynx loads, and from that
entering DOWNLOAD, by default "d", to a friendly directory (from which
has the download option "View temporary file", and throgh that looking
at it.

You are thus stuck with files that maybe you not wish to keep, but to me
this, if it works, seems easier than looking for Lynx s temporary files.

Is there a command-line option for downloading, and not forthwith rendering
and showing, an HTML-page?

The -source option does this.

--
Thomas E. Dickey