Re: [Lynx-dev] Broken: "-cookies never"

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Broken: "-cookies never"
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:58:56 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Aahz Maruch wrote:

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 03:59:08PM -0800, Aahz Maruch wrote:

My ISP recently started upgrading from 2.8.5rel.1 to 2.8.6rel.4, and the
command-line option "-cookies never" does not work with 2.8.6rel.4.  Am
I missing something, or is there now no way to completely disable cookies
from the command-line?

perhaps I'm missing something - we hadn't done any significant change
to cookies recently (messages, some code for FORCE_COOKIE_PROMPT in
the lynx.cfg file).  The "-cookies" option has been a toggle, not
something with a value.

Looks like you're right -- I thought I had tried that, but I guess I
tested incorrectly.  Thanks!

no problem (report bugs)

Thomas E. Dickey