Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.7.5

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.7.5
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 17:56:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Fred Kasner wrote:

I have previously used lynx at for downloading from . In the past this worked quite well and a version of it still does at . However the version that appears to be 2.8.5 does not properly display the subdirectories below the default one you find at . A right arrow key does not bring you to a new directory but merely to an information screen for lynx. The version that runs works properly and one can see the subdirectory called AVDEFS when you arrive at .

Reviewing older versions, I can see two different problems which combine
to break this - introduced in 2.8.4dev.2 and 2.8.3dev.21 (would be nice
to know what version is using, for comparison).

Do have any indication as to why this doesn't work? I have resorted to using the less elegant program called links and have had successful results with this one. So it might appear to be some problem associated with incompability between and this lynx version.
Fred Kasner

SDF Public Access UNIX System -

Lynx-dev mailing list

Thomas E. Dickey