lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] A new use of link-numbering--wish

From: PBM .
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] A new use of link-numbering--wish
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 14:04:15 +0200

On 5/27/07, Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden>
wrote: > Stef Caunter dixit:

> /linktext will take you to the link
[...]
> Then again, I don't use numbered links,
so I navigate with '/' or vi keys. >
They're much faster than search function,
plus you don't get false > positives.

I agree that it is much faster than using
search functions, and also agree that it is
faster then using numbers following with g
then pressing enter and then ] or x or d or .
which heavily depends on defined keystrokes)
also do not forget that you may use - and +
so you do not need type numbers if they are
to long just from relative of active link.
But you will need to be good /and/or/ fast
with math to do/use this :)
Currently only -, + and g, G, p and P(ages)
are implemented and which is very important
that they can not be changed in keystrokes
but it should be changed to something like
this: g,G will point to GOTO key;
p,P may point to PRINT key.
[Because it was trivial I also added % -
percent stuff in my sources.] So that should
be changed when adding this features, because
user may change HEAD to point to something
else than ] And using it hardcoded is bad
idea IMHO (as is current state with g,G,p and
P)
Look in src/LYGetFile.c for more info, also
note that DO_FORMS_STUFF is not (yet)
implemented