lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Developer Documentation

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Developer Documentation
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 07:40:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Malik Aamir Shehzad wrote:

Hi .... I am working on a project to port Lynx to Trimedia (an embedded system plateform).... I am complete beginner with Lynx... I have its code and now I want to know how and where should I start to understand the code.. Can I get some help regarding this or can I obtain developer documentation from somewhere?

The files in the source-tree are about all the documentation that exists.
Since it's an embedded system, I'd assume you're going to cross-compile.
Lynx's configure script might work for that - I made some changes a few
years ago to allow the utility in src/chrtrans to be built/run with the
build-machine's compiler, but don't have a cross-development environment that can build the whole application. (I did some of this using a djgpp cross-compiler that is able to build ncurses).

Besides lynx, you'll need something like ncurses (even slang).

Best thing to do is to build a copy on a machine that's easy to build on, i.e., no cross-compiling, and see what the pieces are.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net