lynx-dev

Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path

From: Hendrik-Jan Heins
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Lynx-dev] lynx not honoring apache document root path
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:54:54 +0200

Hello Thomas,

So it was the encoding all along!
I changed it now to: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" and indeed,
it just works now.
I also tested with other browsers and they seem to be fine with it.

But I am curious: do you think this is something a lot of people get
wrong? Because that would mean that this is a bigger problem then it
seems. And I have no idea how much browsers actually do with the
enctype parameter...

Thanks a lot !!!!

cheers,

Hendrik-Jan

2007/7/24, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 01:44:00PM +0200, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
> I did some more testing:
> If I ask for:
> http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_part.php?brandname=1st+Wave
> or:
> http://linux-wless.passys.nl:80/query_part.php?brandname=1st+Wave
>
> Lynx just works. So it seems to be something about the way lynx parses
> the code from the requesting page.
>
> For the sake of completeness; this is the code:

> <form action="query_chipset.php" method="get" enctype="text/plain"

Lynx sees the encoding type and decides to present the data as plain text.
RFC 1866 does not describe what happens for that choice - only notes
that the default is application/x-www-form-urlencoded

I'm looking to see if there is an applicable reference, but am guessing
this is a deprecated feature which is not recognized by the other
browsers - so they happen to send the query with the default encoding.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net