lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.7 and numeric IPv6 adddresses

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.7 and numeric IPv6 adddresses
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:18:16 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Andre-John Mas wrote:

lynx supports IPv6 internally - should be able to connect to a host using DNS or a properly constructed hosts file, but doesn't implement the literals.

(This is known - patches welcome ;-)

Just to give me a head start, which file is responsible for the parsing?

The largest chunk is in

        WWW/Library/Implementation/HTParse.c

though there'll be scattered fixes - the square brackets for instance could collide with the VMS pathname parsing (I'm not sure - just general
advice).  But HTParse.c is the starting point.

I've mostly been working on vile and xterm the past few months, have been
working on lynx's backlog the past week or so...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net