lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Maximum nesting of HTML elements exceeded (zap2it)

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Maximum nesting of HTML elements exceeded (zap2it)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:50:56 -0800

At 07:48 p -0500 02/08/2008, Thomas Dickey didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

The format of tvlistings.zap2it.com changed yesterday. Just when I
thought it was now beautifully Lynx-optimized, I see the error
"Maximum nesting of HTML elements exceeded" flash on the screen,
and I think the innermost LIs were truncated.

What is the nesting limit?
Is this a Lynx issue or a site issue?

It's likely a problem with the page - some don't nest the tags properly.
You can usually work around those by using the tagsoup mode (toggle
using control/V).

Wow, tagsoup mode looks completely different -- only one level of list.

---Strict-------
   Logo 4 KRON
   KRON 4 News at 5

                                   # NEW KRON 4 News at 5:30