lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx hangs II: the return

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx hangs II: the return
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:47:13 -0500

080223 Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> Trying to view this message inside lynx
>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2007-08/msg00000.html
> Lynx "hangs" - actually starts using  > 1 GB  memory (pointless)
> I need to know is this Lynx, gcc bug, ncurses bug or something else.
> So please test it and if problem arise send
> full lynx version, gcc used to build it, ncurses version, libc ...

Yes, it causes serious problems here:
I have  1 GB  memory & it got upto  1,8 GB  swap before I killed it;
I have a very fast machine (Intel Core 2 Duo 2,67 GHz, memory 1150 MHz)
& it was seriously slowed by all the activity.

Lynx 2.8.7-d7 , Gcc 4.1.2 , Ncurses 5.6-r2 , Glibc 2.6.1 ,
all on an upto-date Gentoo Linux 2.6.23-r3 system.