Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: SVG a couple of weeks becomes 6 months....

From: Jonathan Chetwynd
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: SVG a couple of weeks becomes 6 months....
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:24:38 +0100

Amazing, great to hear, so please let me know, if you need test cases, debugging etc.

kind regards

my logo

Jonathan Chetwynd

+44 (0) 20 7978 1764

On 10 Jul 2008, at 01:25, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

SVG: anything to be done over the summer?

Thomas and all,

is there anything I can do to help get started on reading the titles from svg documents?

There was some comment on this list recently which pointed out that
the title+desc sections show up when reading the SVG file as html.
I assume you're talking about that.

I've been doing some work on the SGML parser (which knows a little too much about the HTML tags), and considering how I might reuse that parser
for SVG...

excellent to see a little discussion** and some workarounds, but how about tackling the meat?

Jonathan Chetwynd

+44 (0) 20 7978 1764

I tried the svg links in these two urls: 'tv' '...anargeek.svg'

but in os x the option to view temporary file did not seem to be present

← image/svg+xml D)ownload, or C)ancel
→ hit D
← Download options:
  [1]Save to disk
  [2]View temporary file
→ hit 2
→ the <desc> is shown (although with line breaks removed)

Thomas E. Dickey