lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] SVG over the summer

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] SVG over the summer
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:47:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

Thomas,

did you investigate SVG language?
        that is there is little or no text mark up.
Hence I am wondering, what can the delay be?
        is stripping out the title and text content that difficult a task?
could you indicate which part is causing a problem?

you're welcome to submit a patch...

From about a month ago, we were discussing how to parse and render
the xml (given that lynx is an html parser).  Since it wants to display
html, one could (a) add a new display engine, (b) adapt the parser to
accept svg and transform it to html. There's probably a third alternative...

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

address@hidden
http://www.openicon.org/