lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] SVG over the summer

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] SVG over the summer
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 13:41:12 +0900

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 09:01:42PM +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> Hence I am wondering, what can the delay be?
>       is stripping out the title and text content that difficult a task?
> could you indicate which part is causing a problem?

Have you read any of the responses to your numerous requests?  IIRC
there was one about a month ago mentioning the D)ownload method.

Lynx already does what you seem to be requesting with simply one
or two extra key strokes.

I once sent a fairly detailed outline of the many options, mime,
D)ownload, P)rint, EXTERNAL, pseudo-proxy, you have available in
Lynx to handle non-html content.  I'm not going to rewrite that
post as it is archived.

All I will reiterate here is that I think it would save everyone,
including yourself, a lot of time by simply tweaking your mailcap
file to pass svg files to an svg viewer or pass the content to a
pre-processor for Lynx.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999