lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] at www.wsws.org, articles' <p> <\p> don't make whitespace

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] at www.wsws.org, articles' <p> <\p> don't make whitespace (lf); what html-hacks needed?
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:33:17 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, David Woolley wrote:

However, the validator, I believe, ignores the content type, and I think some recent versions of Lynx also, invalidly, try and parse XHTML served as text/html as XHTML.

awai -

.h2 XHTML_PARSING
# XHTML_PARSING - HTML parsing
# When true, tells lynx that it can ignore certain tags which have no content
# in an XHTML 1.0 document.  For example
# When the option is false, lynx will not treat the tag as an ending.
#XHTML_PARSING:FALSE

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net