Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and login problem in a forum

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and login problem in a forum
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:33:00 +0000 (UTC)

Frédéric L. W. Meunier dixit:

> I have a problem using Lynx (2.8.7dev.12) with a forum.

Can you disclose which one?

> I start lynx, log in, log out. Then, if I try to log in again, it doesn't
> always work. But if I restart lynx, it does.

Define “doesn’t always work”. And, is it reproducible?

> I thought it could be related to cookies (I accept all), but removed them in
> the Cookie Jar.

Hm. Normally, this kind of sites rewrites them, but if you in fact
cleared the cookie jar…

> What else is supposed to change between sessions, and could affect it ?

Do the URIs maybe have session IDs with them?
Also, try using the ‘x’ key instead of Enter for the links, especially
any form submission buttons.

“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of
 seconds between the referenced time and the Epoch.”
        -- IEEE Std 1003.1b-1993 (POSIX) Section B.2.2.2