Re: [Lynx-dev] lss and anchor elements

From: Sándor Halász
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lss and anchor elements
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:55:49 -0500

>>>> 2010/03/15 09:10 -0500, Ed Hurst >>>>
To wit: <a id="Name" name="Name" />

The color specified in the lss continues for all characters following this
anchor within a longer document. The only way I can get Lynx to turn it off is
with a specific closing:

<a id="Name" name="Name"></a>

However, I don't control most documents on the web, and I run into this too
often to ignore it.
These things don't claim to be in XHTML, do they? By now it seems such
condescension is too much to expect, ....