Re: [Lynx-dev] @longdesc support in Lynx

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] @longdesc support in Lynx
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:50:29 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

> So - it's a link, to someplace, and the guideline says it's not to be followed
> as if it were an href.  So that leaves inline display, or some special
> keystroke.

No idea. The XHTML/1.1 DTD says:
<!ATTLIST %img.qname;
      src          %URI.datatype;           #REQUIRED
      alt          %Text.datatype;          #REQUIRED
      longdesc     %URI.datatype;           #IMPLIED
      height       %Length.datatype;        #IMPLIED
      width        %Length.datatype;        #IMPLIED

So it’s still allowed and, apparently, of same type as src.

FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of
ksh93 in that respect. I'd even consider it for my daily use if I hadn't
wasted half my life on my zsh setup. :-) -- Frank Terbeck in #!/bin/mksh