lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] request info

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] request info
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:54:46 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, stef wrote:

Hi,
I'm sorry but I installed Lynx 2.8.7 in my mac but I can't to see
chinese characters. I tried more and more options but nothing happen.
Can you help me?

Lynx needs at least three things:

a) built using wide-character curses.  You can see what it is built with
using "lynx -version".  For example

~ (101) lynx -version
Lynx Version 2.8.8dev.6 (04 Oct 2010)
libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, GNUTLS 2.8.6, ncurses 5.7.20100703(wide)
Built on linux-gnu Nov  1 2010 17:43:48

Copyrights held by the Lynx Developers Group,
the University of Kansas, CERN, and other contributors.
Distributed under the GNU General Public License (Version 2).
See http://lynx.isc.org/ and the online help for more information.

b) locale with UTF-8 encoding.  For example, the "locale" command
would show the encoding as part of the names:

~ (1) locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

c) run it in a terminal emulator that displays UTF-8

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net