Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx via specific network interface

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx via specific network interface
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:40:43 +0000 (UTC)

Pawel Chwalinski dixit:

>I am writing to ask about a possibility of having lynx run on an
>arbitrary network interface.

This is _probably_ job of the OS. (If someone knows better, please
do tell.) If you are on GNU/Linux, this will help:

ip r add to src dev eth1

This will tell it to use the local IPv4 address and the
outgoing interface eth1 when connecting to the IPv4 (no
idea whether/how to do it with IPv6, only needed it recently in
a high-secured subnet in the datacentre, hence Linux).

I don’t even know if this is generally possible. I guess with
IPv6 one could bind to fe80::%eth1 locally, to try and force
going out over that interface, but wouldn’t be routed…

13:47⎜<tobiasu> if i were omnipotent, i would divide by zero
                all day long ;)
(thinking about by waga)