lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] [Patch] Lynx won't compile against zlib 1.2.5.1

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [Patch] Lynx won't compile against zlib 1.2.5.1
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:30:46 +0300

On 09/19/2011 11:18 AM, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

On 09/19/2011 04:35 AM, Thomas Dickey wrote:
The BOOL vs BOOLEAN stuff is in an area where glib fails to help
(native Win32 ports).

The best idea IMO is to check for "bool". If it's not there, typedef
it. If

in a native port, there's no autoconf - just a makefile.
Lynx has a few of those.

I use autoconf in my native ports too. I can cross-compile it from
Linux or compile it natively (on Windows with mingw/msys, on OS X and
BeOS/Haiku as-is.)

Lynx does that too. Which native ports are you referring to?

To one of my projects. The only way to build it is with autoconf and automake, and I found that it worked very well on all platforms. Someone even contributed a MorphOS build. I never needed to come up with any MSVS or XCode makefiles or whatever.

(I've tried installing BeOS and Haiku a few times in a VM, but the
result won't boot - my BeOS are on older machines which I'd like to
obsolete, but cannot until I have a workable VM).

VMware (Workstation or Player) worked quite well for me. Haiku is trivial to install. For BeOS, this might help:

http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/user/how_to_install_beos_under_vmware

Having a single source and build system base saves me a lot of headaches.

actually, dropping MinGW would simplify my life, particularly for its
Windows headers. But just to be nice, I'll weave through its thicket
of inconsistent cut/paste header definitions to get something usable.

Just out of curiosity, why would you need to even look at the mingw header files?