Re: [Lynx-dev] Self closing tags.

From: Keith Bowes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Self closing tags.
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:20:18 -0400

Je 2011-Sep-30 je 13:09, Zephaniah E. Loss-Cutler-Hull skribis:
> I am starting to see a fair number of things (such as ebooks), which do
> things with tags like: <a id="foo" />, this of course ends up with the
> rest of the document being hi-lighted as a link.

You shouldn't be doing that anyway.  The whole point of using id is to
make a certain piece of text an anchor:
<h2 id="comments">Comments</h2>

This is valid, but goes against principle:
<a id="comments" />

But I do feel Lynx is partially at fault here.  Most browsers don't
create a link unless the href attribute is present.