lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Latest version?

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Latest version?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 23:29:42 +0700

 >> I am using Debian and Fedora and both are using Lynx 2.8.7dev.9.

        This is the version shipped with Debian 5.0 (codename: Lenny),
        which became oldstable after the release of Debian 6.0
        (codename: Squeeze) in February, 2011.  The users are expected
        to upgrade (e. g., by using # apt-get dist-upgrade; some changes
        to APT's sources.list.d/ or sources.list may be necessary.)

        The version included in the latest stable version of Debian
        (6.0.3; released October, 2011) is 2.8.8dev.5-1 (i. e., Debian's
        variant 1 of the upstream Lynx 2.8.8dev.5.)

        See also:

http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110205a
http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20111008
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/lynx-cur
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/lynx-cur

 > I thought Debian's using 2.8.8dev.9, which is from June.  (offhand I
 > don't recall what Fedora's using).

        This version comes with Debian Wheezy, which is the current
        testing version of Debian.  To install it on the latest Debian
        stable a backport may be necessary.  (I will consider making one
        for my TODO list, but I surely won't make any promises now.)

        See also:

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/lynx-cur

[…]

--