lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Finally got cookie file to save (2.8.7rel.1)

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Finally got cookie file to save (2.8.7rel.1)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:28:41 -0700

I've had Lynx version 2.8.7rel.1 for a while, and was never able to get it to save my cookies before. I *finally* got it working, and I don't know if the error was a program bug or a documentation bug.

# COOKIE_SAVE_FILE is the default file in which persistent cookies are
# stored at exit, if Lynx was compiled with USE_PERSISTENT_COOKIES and the
# PERSISTENT_COOKIES option is enabled.  The cookie save file can also be
# specified on the command line.
#
# With an interactive Lynx session, COOKIE_SAVE_FILE will default to
# COOKIE_FILE if it is not set.  With a non-interactive Lynx session (e.g.,
# -dump), cookies will only be saved to file if COOKIE_SAVE_FILE is set.
#
#COOKIE_SAVE_FILE:~/.lynx_cookies

See, the documentation says it's not necessary for an interactive session, but I found that it *was* necessary. That is the only way I got the file to appear.

Whew.

(And yes, COOKIE_FILE was already set.)

Hope this helps someone. :)